As I mentioned in my earlier posts and YouTube video, PlayonTV and Hulu Plus basically replaces your cable TV provider. What do you need to do to get on this bandwagon? Easy,
- Go to http://www.playon.tv and buy their ultimate package for less than $60, It comes with over 90 cable channels and DVR software. You pay only once, no monthly fees.
- Go to http://www.hulu.com/plus and sign up for Hulu Plus, yes it costs $7.99 a month but that is better than your cable bill, isn’t it?
- Take any PC you have, either a desktop or laptop;
- Make sure it has an HDMI output. If not buy one for your desktop for $50, sorry older laptops can’t be upgraded
- Connect the HDMI cable to the PC and TV
- Connect a Roku box up (takes 5 minutes)
- Go to the Roku website register and select two channels (which will automatically download the ROku device in your house
- Select the PlayonTV channel and watch over 90 cable channels with DVR capability (your media server and PlayonTV software)
- Select the Hulu Plus channel and watch all your regular TV shows (one day after they are broadcast.
You can do all this in a few hours. In the end, you pay $7.99 a month for Hulu Plus and get free programming for life from PlayonTV. That wasn’t too hard now was it?
Leave a comment and let me know.